|Tom M. White, Jr.
|R. John Lee
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY HEALTH DISTRICT
December 18, 2012
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Pledge of Allegiance.
Call to the Public.
1. A/D Doyel Shamley, Apache County Natural Resource Representative: Update on the forest issues and discuss the 2012 County Summit Award presented to Apache County by the AACo Foundation on November 16, 2012.
2. A/D Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services: Veterans Benefits Counselor, Jody Reidenhour is requesting to use office space at the Round Valley Annex Building on the first Wednesday of each month from 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Ms. Reidenhour will introduce herself and present a short summary of the Veterans Services.
3. A/D County Manager: Request approval of the Higher Education Advisory Committee Members: Tom Hansen – Chairman, St. Johns Community at-large Representative; Delwin Wengert, Apache County Manager; Travis Udall, Superintendent of RVUSD; Larry Heap, STJUSD; Dan Bevier, SRP Representative; Barry Williams, RV Community at-large Representative until sworn in as Apache County Schools Superintendent in January 2013; Ryan Patterson, Apache County Finance Department; Steve Erhart, RV Community at-large Representative, Superintendent of Sanders Unified School District.
4. A/D County Manager: Request approval of the modifications made to the water well in Sanders, Arizona located at the old Road Yard.
5. A/D CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a Single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Approval of minutes dated December 4, 2012.
*B. Request approval of demands. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. District II: Request approval to purchase food for three (3) senior centers located in District II, not to exceed $2,500 total.
*D. Community Development: Request approval to sell the following vehicles to the Town of Eagar: 2002 Ford Explorer (136,740 miles), 2005 Chevrolet ½ ton pickup (151,000 miles) and a 2002 Chevrolet ½ ton Pickup (150,000 miles). These vehicles will require repairs and are not suitable for off-road traveling.
*E. Community Development: Requests Notification of the newly approved 2013 regular meeting schedule for the Planning and Zoning Commission and the 2013 Chairman, Tom Tilford and Vice Chairman, Carey Dobson.
*F. County Manager: Request approval to change the mileage reimbursement rates to follow the IRS standard mileage of 55.5 cents for business miles driven.
*G. Chinle Justice Court: Request authorization to hire a temporary Justice Court Clerk II for 180 days at a salary of $9.74 per hour.
*H. District II: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment for Wacey Begaye for an additional 30 days at a salary of $9.99 per hour.
*I. County Attorney: Request authorization to fill two temporary ”Legal Clerk” positions for Summer 2013, for a term not to exceed 90 days
at a salary of $15.58 per hour.
6. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a Resolution regarding the transfer of County owned property to the Town of Eagar.
7. A/D Finance: Request approval to enter into an agreement with New World Systems for enhancement to comply with ARS 41-725 Section 1, State Transparency
8. A/D Finance: Request approval to enter into professional services with REDW,Inc., our auditors to prepare our financial statements, footnote disclosure and budgeting
schedules for 2011 and 2012.
9. A/D Engineering: Request permission to go to bid to purchase a power screen for the limestone pit using carryover funds.
10. A/D Probation Services: Request authorization to continue the IGA between the Arizona Supreme Court, Apache County School Superintendent’s Office and the Apache County Superior Court for Detention Education grant funding in the amount of $46,042.00. This is an on-going IGA & source of funding.
11. A/D Recognition of retirees and outgoing elected officials. A reception will follow at the conclusion of the Board meeting.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD
OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
December 18, 2012
1. A/D Request approval of a lease Agreement continuation with Townsquare Plaza effective January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
2. A/D Request approval of the Delegation Agreement between Arizona Department of Environmental Quality and the Health District for health related issues of septic tanks and water systems.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____p.m. by bc.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board