|Joe Shirley, Jr.
|Tom M. White, Jr.
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
November 5, 2013
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
November 5, 2013
1. Discussion and possible approval of an Intergovernmental Agreement Tobacco Education and Prevention Services #HG060001 Amendment #4 that replaces Action Plan FY2012 with Action Plan FY2014 and replaces price sheet.
2. Discussion and possible approval of the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety Contract Occupant Protection Equipment #2014-OP-14 in the amount of $7,454 which will support Capital Outlay of 99 convertible and 12 belt positioning child booster seats to enhance vehicle occupant protection throughout Apache County.
3. Discussion and possible approval of the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety Contract Occupant Protection Training and Education #2014-OP-023 in the amount of $4,402 which will support travel in state and materials/supplies safety belt USA educational brochures, safety belt USA education DVD’s, LATCH manuals and LATCH instructor DVD to enhance vehicle occupant protection education throughout apache county.
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
November 5, 2013
2. Industrial Development Authority: Discussion and possible adoption of a resolution approving the proceedings of the Industrial Development Authority of the County of Apache for the issuance of not to exceed $100,000,000. The Industrial Development Authority of the County of Apache Industrial Development Revenue Bonds, 2013 Series A (Tucson Electric Power Company-Springerville Project) pursuant to a plan of financing and approving the plan of financing.
3. Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated October 15, 2013.
*B. Request approval of demands dated October 15, 2013 to November 5, 2013. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. District II: Request approval to purchase holiday food for three (3) senior centers located in District II, not to exceed $2,000 total utilizing District II funds.
*D. District II: Request approval to assist the Ganado Senior Center with $1,000 to purchase restroom safety equipment, furniture and repair flooring.
*E. District II: Request approval to donate 15 old District II conference chairs to the Ganado Senior Citizens Center.
*F. District II: Request authorization to hire a temporary Equipment Mechanic III at $13.10 per hour through December 31, 2013.
*G. District II: Request authorization to hire a temporary Road Worker II at $11.58 per hour, through December 31, 2013.
*H. Chinle Justice Court: Request authorization to hire a temporary Justice Court Clerk at $9.74 per hour, not to exceed 6 months.
*I. Treasurer’s Office: Request authorization to remove Candice Davis from probationary status with the standard 2.5% end of probation increase.
*J. District II: Request authorization to remove Orlene Lincoln from probationary status with the 2.5% end of probation increase, effective September 30, 2103.
*K. Probation Services: Request authorization to remove Erica Jaramillo from probationary status with the 2.5% end of probation increase, effective October 23, 2013.
4. District I: Request approval to hire Curtis Berry in the vacant Secretary position at $13.00 per hour effective October 29, 2013.
5. County Attorney: Discussion and possible approval to hire Christopher Misbach to fill the vacant Deputy Attorney I position at $56,874.
6. District II: Discussion and possible approval to hire Leandra Thomas to fill the vacant operations Manager position at a salary of $38,000 as a result of her education.
7. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a resolution and letter of support requesting the Arizona Legislature restore Local Highway User Revenue Funds (HURF) and work with transportation stakeholders to identify and enact revenue enhancements for the existing HURF distribution system and to pursue policies that improve efficient utilization of transportation resources.
8. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Second public hearing for use of State Special Project, CDBG Funds to be used at the Rounds Valley Rodeo Grounds (Eagar Rodeo Grounds).
9. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a resolution to Submit Application for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 2013 or State Special Projects 2014 funding for the Round Valley Rodeo Grounds (Eagar Rodeo Grounds) as required by Arizona Department of Housing.
10. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Discussion and possible approval of Amendment 2 to the Wildland Hazardous Fuels Reduction Grant 09-006, applying an additional $53,000 for treatments in Greer along Wiltbank Avenue and Crosby Acres (50 Acres).
11. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a Crew-Use Agreement between Arizona State Forestry and Apache County for the State Department of Corrections Conservation Crew to treat approximately 30 acres in Greer at Crosby Acres using a portion of the Wildfire Hazardous Fuels 09-006 funds.
12. Engineering: Discussion and possible approval to solicit bids for lease/purchase agreement for two (2) pickup trucks for District I and two (2) pickup trucks for District II.
13. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to solicit bids for lease/purchase agreement on 12 fully equipped patrol vehicles.
14. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible authorization to accept the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety Grant (GOHS) Selective Traffic Enforcement Equipment (2014-PT-073), in the amount of $34,919. This funding will support the purchase of one (1) fully Marked Police Package motorcycle and two (2) Radar(s) to support and enhance Selective Traffic Enforcement throughout Apache County.
15. Notification of the Arizona Rural & Tribal Economic and Infrastructure Summit on November 4 & 5, 2013 at the Twin Arrow Resort, 22181 Resort Blvd., Flagstaff, Arizona at 8:00 a.m. both days where two or more members of the Apache County Board of Supervisors may be in attendance.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by ____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board