|Tom M. White, Jr.
|R. John Lee
NOTICE OF A TELEPHONIC PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
October 2, 2012
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Call to the Public.
1. A/D Sit as the Board of Equalization: Request approval of the Petitions for Review of Property Valuation hearing determinations held on September 27, 2012.
2. A/D CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a Single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Approval of Minutes dated September 18, 2012.
*B. Request approval of the demands.
*C. District III: Request authorization for funds to purchase food and supplies in the amount of $500.00 total for the St. Michaels, Nahata Dziil, and Lupton Senior Citizen Centers using District III funds.
*D. Community Development: Request approval to hire 2 part-time permanent Administrative Assistant I employees not to exceed 19 hours per week.
*E. District II: Request authorization to hire a temporary Administrative Assistant I, not to exceed 120 days.
3. A/D County Attorney: Request authorization to enter into a Professional Services Contract with Marcor Platt as an independent contractor to perform financial and other requested duties at an hourly rate of $70.00 per hour, in an amount not to exceed $40,000 per year which will save the County Attorney’s Office approximately $30,000.
4. A/D Engineering Department Request authorization to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with Arcadis for the Tsaile multi-use trail construction project management.
5. A/D Engineering Department: District I requests authorization to purchase a 2013 ¾ ton crew cab 4×4 pickup using HURF monies and utilizing State Purchasing, at a not to exceed cost of $39,000.00.
6. A/D Election Department: Request approval of precinct and tally board workers, and the polling places used for the November 6, 2012 General Election.
7. A/D Election Department: Notification of the Governor’s Proclamation of the November 6, 2012 General Election.
8. A/D County Manager: Request approval of the Intergovernmental Agreement between Apache County and Northland Pioneer College to provide community college programs and services.
9. A/D County manager: Request approval to renew the Lease Agreement between Apache County and the Alpine Chamber of Commerce for the use of the county building.
10. A/D Grant Coordinator, Malena Bazurto: Request approval of the Chinle Safe Routes to School Project Contract between Arizona Department of Transportation and Apache County on behalf of the Chinle Unified School District.
11. A/D Notification of the County Supervisors Association Legislative Summit held October 1-3, 2012 at the Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, 2047 S. Highway 92, Sierra Vista, Arizona.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD
OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
October 2, 2012
1. A/D Request approval to convert the currently vacant full-time Health Educator I position to a permanent part-time position, 19 hours per week, range 19 at $9.75 per hour and create a full-time Health Educator II position, range 24, at the annual salary of 22,940.00. These positions are funded by the Teen Pregnancy Program grant.
2. A/D Request approval of the Medical Consultant Agreement renewal with North Country Healthcare.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board