|Joe Shirley, Jr.
|Tom M. White, Jr.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
August 15, 2016
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST (9:30 a.m. DMST)
Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation by Invitation.
1. Sheriff’s Office/Jail: presentation of a Lifesaving Award to Officer Ashton Powers and an Achievement Award to Officer Claire Hayes.
2. Dan Bevier and Jason Baran, Salt River Project: Update on the status of agreements between the Environmental Protection Agency and Coronado Generating Station.
3. Finance Department: Discussion and possible adoption of the property tax levy for 2016-2017.
4. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between August 1, 2016 to August 15, 2016. Demands are payments made or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of minutes dated August 1, 2016.
*C. District II: Request approval to purchase aluminum home delivery food trays for the Nazlini Senior Center at a cost not to exceed fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500), utilizing District II General Funds.
*D. Human Resources: Request approval to convert the currently vacant 30 hour per week Administrative Assistant I (range 22) to a 40 hour per week Administrative Assistant II (range 26) position a fill the vacancy. The increase will result in a cost increase of seven thousand, seven hundred twenty four dollars and seventy five cents ($7,724.75).
*E. Request approval to solicit bids for the installation of a new water well and appurtenances to be installed on the County property in Vernon, near the Blue Hills Transfer Site.
5. Engineering Department: Update on the state of emergency declaration due to flooding and residual mud throughout Apache County.
6. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval of a resolution reducing the speed limit on County Road 2060 and 2041 from 25 miles per hour to 15 miles per hour.
7. Emergency Management: Discussion and possible approval to accept the Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG), #DHS-16-GPD-042-09-01in the amount of One hundred eighty four thousand, five hundred thirty one dollars and ninety one cents. ($184,531.91). This grant requires an in-kind and cash match of 50%.
8. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to enter into a one (1) year lease agreement with Sanders School District #18 ending June 30, 2017 for the use of the Apache County Sheriff’s Office Sub-station at a cost of $325.00 per month.
9. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Clerk of the Board