|Tom M. White, Jr.
|R. John Lee
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
August 13, 2012
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
1. A/D County Manager: Public hearing for consideration and possible approval to adopt the Property Tax Levy for 2012-2013.
2. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a resolution urging the United States Environmental Protection Agency to hold local public meetings and extend the public comment period for a rule that would require additional pollution controls for nitrogen oxide at three power plants in eastern Arizona.
3. A/D CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a Single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of the demands.
*B. District I: Request authorization to hire a temporary Road Maintenance Worker I, not to exceed 30 days.
*C. Recorder’s Office: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment of Mae Clark, Administrative Assistant II for an additional 120 days.
*D. Recorder’s Office: request authorization to hire a part time temporary Clerk at $8.20 per hour, for 20 hours per week, not to exceed 120 days.
*E. County Manager: Request authorization to convert the currently vacant Administrative Assistance III position from full time to part time (19) hours.
*F. District I: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment of Raymond Totsoni, Facilities and Construction Worker I, for an additional 30 days.
*G. District II: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment for Raymond Tsosie and Davis Kinlichee Sr. for an additional 60 days.
4. A/D Community Development: Request approval of a contract with Shums Coda Associates (SCA) for professional services to include construction document review, and field and management personnel.
5. A/D County Manager: Request authorization to transfer Bonnie Stallings-Carter to her previously held Administrative Coordinator position with no change in salary.
6. A/D County Attorney’s Office: Request approval to give 9% raise from non-general fund money to County Attorney Garrett Whiting and County Attorney Mike Latham and should such non-general fund money become exhausted or no longer available, raises will be eliminated and each attorney agrees to be returned to their previous salary.
7. A/D Sheriff’s Office: Request approval of an agreement to donate a used 2000 Ford Expedition to the ADABI women’s shelter in Chinle.
8. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to award Bid #201303 for the purchase of a 9 wheel roller for District III.
9. A/D Ryan Patterson, Treasurer’s Office: Update on the current status of the Treasurer’s Office.
10. A/D Craig Sullivan, Executive Director of the County Supervisors Association: Presentation and update on legislative session and budget.
11. A/D Notification of a presentation and luncheon with the Arizona Association of Counties on August 15, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. in the County Manager’s Conference Room, 75 West Cleveland Street in St. Johns.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD
OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
August 13, 2012
1. A/D Request authorization to remove Andreia Ochoa from probationary status with the 2.5% end of probation increase effective July 9, 2012.
2. A/D Request approval of the Professional Service Agreement with Patrick W. Connelly, M.D. to provide OB/GYN/surgical services for the Clinical Services Division.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board