|Tom M. White, Jr.
|R. John Lee
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
August 6, 2012
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Call to the Public.
1. A/D County Manager: Public hearing for consideration and possible approval of the Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2012-2013.
2. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License Application recommendation for the San Rafael Catholic Church to celebrate church history on September 22, 2012 located at the San Rafael Church, 35411 U.S. Highway 180A in Concho, Arizona.
3. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License Application recommendation for the Corporal Joe McCarthy American Legion Auxiliary for a Community Octoberfest on October 13, 2012 at the Concho Lions Club Park, Concho Arizona.
4. A/D Community Development: Public Hearing for consideration and possible approval of amending sub section 105.5 of Section A-International Building Code 2003 and sub section 15.5 of Section B-International Residential Code of the Apache County Building Ordinance to clarify the valid length of a building permit and extension process of said building permit.
5. A/D CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a Single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated July 17, 2012.
*B. Request approval of the demands.
*C. District II: Request approval to hire a temporary Facilities and Maintenance Worker I, not to exceed 30 days.
*D. Round Valley Justice Court: Request authorization to convert a full-time Justice Court Clerk III position to a part time position with benefits.
*E. Assessor’s Office: Request authorization to convert the vacant Drafting Specialist I (range 30) position to an Evaluation Coordinator III (range 26) and fill the vacancy.
*F. District I: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment of Randy Bia, Road Worker II, for an additional 90 days.
*G. Request authorization to solicit bids for reinforcement steel for the bridge project on County Road 5020.
6. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to add County Road #N3125 and Southern section of N3119 to the Apache County Road Inventory List of maintained roads.
7. A/D Engineering Department: Request approval of abandonment of a portion of Roundup Trail County Road 8648, in Winsor Valley.
8. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to award Bid #201301 for the yearly culvert bid, countywide.
9. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to award Bid #201302 for the well at the limestone pit east of St. Johns.
10. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to award Bid #201303 for the purchase of a 9 wheel roller for District III.
11. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to purchase a new John Deere engine for a John Deere Motor Grader from RDO Equipment as a sole source vendor, utilizing District I carry over funds at a cost of $21,101.36.
12. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to purchase a forklift from Chevron Mining Inc., in the amount of $7,000 utilizing District II carryover funds.
13. A/D School Superintendent’s Office: Request approval of an independent Contract Agreement between Barry Williams and the County School Superintendent’s Office for a website maintenance contract not to exceed five (5) months at $30.00 per hour. All payments will be drawn from Indirect Cost funds.
14. A/D Sheriff’s Office: Request approval of the COPS Hiring Grant Program 2012 in the amount of $359,812 in federal funds over a three year grant period with a cash match of $25,000.
15. A/D Recorder’s Office: Request authorization to extend the temporary, part-time employment for Betty Coplan, Recording Clerk, for an additional 60 days utilizing the Recorder’s Surcharge fund.
16. A/D Community Development: Request authorization to assign Building Inspector III, Nephi Hightower to the position of acting Building Official for a period of 120 days. Mr. Hightower will conduct the duties of the position at the minimum of the salary. Also request authorization to hire a temporary Building Inspector III not to exceed 120 days.
17. A/D Treasurer’s Office: Public Hearing for consideration and possible approval of the Treasurer’s Office Fee Schedule effective August 6, 2012.
18. A/D Treasurer’s Office: Request approval of the revolving credit agreement with Wells Fargo Bank for the Window Rock Unified School District, the Ganado School District and the Concho Unified School District.
19. A/D Treasurer’s Office: Request authorization to hire John Smith as a part time Internal Auditor, not to exceed 19 hours per week at his previous rate of pay and ERE’s.
20. A/D Finance Department: Request authorization to transfer Tanya Pea, Administrative Assistant III (range 30) to Accounting Specialist III (range 28) at her current salary.
21. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a Proclamation designating August as Child Support Awareness Month.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
August 6, 2012
1. A/D Request authorization to create the position of Grant’s Manager (Range 33) and fill the vacancy. Funding for the position will come from grant administration funds.
2. A/D Request authorization to fill the currently vacant Registered Dietician/Nutritionist with either a Registered Dietician/Nutritionist (range 52) or a Community Dietician/Nutritionist (range 36).
3. A/D Request authorization to reduce the position of Administrative Assistant I (vital records) from 32 hours per week to 24 hours per week.
4. A/D Request authorization to create the position of Part-time Administrative Assistant I for 16 hours per week (range 22) and fill the position.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board