|Joe Shirley, Jr.
|Tom M. White, Jr.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
June 7, 2016
Chinle District I Road Yard Administration Building
U.S. Highway 191, mile post 446.9
8:30 a.m. MST (9:30 a.m. MDT)
Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation by Invitation.
1. Barry Aarons, the Aarons Company: Presentation on 2016 Legislative Session Wrap-up.
2. Doyel Shamley, Natural Resources Liaison: Update on the Apache County stewardship work on thinning and wildfire protection in Alpine.
3. Community Development: Discussion, consideration and possible approval of a Reversion to Acreage application allowing Robert M. & Linda S. Conant to revert part of Tal-WI-WI in the Pines, lots 26 & 27 back to acreage. Property is located near Alpine, parcel 101-54-063 and 064. The Planning and Zoning Commission approved the application unanimously. This item was tabled from the previous meeting when the public hearing was held.
4. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between May 3, 2016 to May 17, 2016. Demands are payments made or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of revised minutes dated May 3, 2016, minutes dated May 17, 2016 and minutes dated May 24, 2016.
*C. Request renewal of Northern Arizona Council of Government, Economic Development Administration (EDA) Assessment in the amount of $5,507.00 and the Rural Transportation Liaison Assessment in the amount of $5,018.00.
*D. Request approval of a fireworks permit for Alpine Fire District for a fireworks display on July 2, 2016. The site of the display will be located on County Road 2311 at the Alpine Sanitary District treatment plant.
*E. Probation Services: Notification of retirement of Bob Kirk, Probation Officer II, effective June 24, 2016 and request authorization to pay out his accumulated sick leave in accordance with Apache County Human Resources Policy 3.25
5. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval to accept a one-time payment of $50,000 from the Arizona State Forester. This amount will be passed through to ECO for County environmental programs.
6. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a proposal from American Tower Corporation to amend the lease for cell tower site 280688-Lyman Lake to allow payment of $185,000 for the entire term of the lease that rather than monthly payments.
7. Superior Court: Pursuant to ARS 8-223, request all the Justice of the Peace within the jurisdiction of Apache County, be appointed as Juvenile Hearing Officers for the cases authorized by ARS 8-223, effective June 7, 2016.
8. Probation Services: Discussion and possible approval to provide $2,288 in matching funds for an ongoing Family Counseling Grant. The State of Arizona will disburse $11,904 for a total of $14,192. This item was tabled from the previous Board meeting.
9. Probation Services: Discussion and possible appointment of Ryan Patterson, Director of Finance as the Chief Fiscal Officer for both Adult and Juvenile Divisions in accordance with ARS 12-268A and the AZ Code of Judicial Administration, Part 6, Sections 6-206 & 6-301.
10. Election Department: Discussion and possible approval to publish the Call and Notice of Election for the Nutrioso Fire District Recall to be held November 8, 2016.
11. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval to abandon East 300 feet of County Road 3201 in Park Show Low, Unit 1.
12. Barry Weller, District III Supervisor: Discussion and possible action on improved communication for the public, to all parts to the County, of Board of Supervisors (BOS) meetings; live streaming of BOS meetings, web site access to video of BOS meetings, web site access to BOS audio recordings, live camera/remote attendance, detail of minutes produced. We have invested thousands of dollars in audio and video capability in all three districts it seems time to start using it.
13. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Clerk of the Board