|Joe Shirley, Jr.
|Tom M. White, Jr.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
May 17, 2016
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST (9:30 a.m. DMST)
Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation by Invitation.
1. Community Development: Public hearing, discussion, consideration and possible approval of a Reversion to Acreage application allowing Robert M. & Linda S. Conant to revert part of Tal-WI-WI in the Pines, lots 26 & 27 back to acreage. Property is located near Alpine, parcel 106-54-063 and 064. The Planning and Zoning Commission approved unanimously.
2. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between May 3, 2016 to May 17, 2016. Demands are payments made or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of minutes dated May 3, 2016.
*C. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval to add Southwest Rock products to our annual bid list for aggregate base & cover material.
3. School Superintendent’s Office: Notification and approval of a pilot substance awareness program from the Governor’s Office of Youth Faith and Family (GOYFF). This program will be delivered in collaboration with the St. Johns Middle School later this year and ending December 2016. All expenses to participate in the program are funded through the GOYFF as defined by Intergovernmental Agreement No. IGA-SABG-GR-16-040116-01.
4. Recorder’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to hire a temporary Executive Assistant to assist in the administration of the Recorder’s Office, through December 31, 2016.
5. Recorder’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to extend the temporary employment of Jason Romero through December 31, 2016.
6. Probation Services: Discussion and possible approval to provide $2,288 in matching funds for an ongoing Family Counseling Grant. The State of Arizona will disburse $11,904 for a total of $14,192.
7. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a Class 6 Bar Liquor License Application recommendation for Jon Dahl, Stanford General Store, 4 County Road 8235, in Concho.
8. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Notification of the public comment period for the draft Navajo and Apache County-Sitgreaves Communities’ Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP). The CWPP’s are being revised in accordance with the Healthy Forest Restoration Act of 2003. The current CWPP’s were drafted in 2004 and 2009 after the Rodeo-Chediski Fire and prior to the Wallow Fire. Public comments can be submitted through the Apache County website or by mail until June 9, 2016.
9. Notification of Eastern Arizona Counties Organization meeting on May 18, 2016 at the County Supervisors Association (CSA) building, 1905 W. Washington Street, Phoenix, at 3:00 p.m., the Small Counties Forum meeting on May 18, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the CSA building, 1905 W. Washington Street, Phoenix, the County Supervisors Association meeting on May 19, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. at the CSA building, 1905 W. Washington street, in Phoenix, and the National Association of Counties, Western Interstate Region Conference, May 25-27, 2016 at the Snow King Hotel and Event Center, 400 E. Snow King Avenue, Jackson, Wyoming, where two or more members of the Apache County Board of Supervisors may be in attendance.
10. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Clerk of the Board