NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
April 18, 2017
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation by Invitation
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
April 18, 2017
1. Submission of the Clinical Services Quarterly Update for the 3rd quarter.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
April 18, 2017
1. Milan Eaton, Arizona Department of Education: Presentation on Arizona Broadband for Education Initiative.
2. County Manager’s Office: Discussion and possible action following a report from the Apache County Treasurer concerning the County budget reconciliations. Possible executive session for legal advice pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03 (A) (3).
3. Treasurer’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to restructure the Apache County Treasurer’s office using the following process steps:
A. Make the Part time Senior Accountant position a full time position,
B. Remove the Accountant position and replace it with an Accounting Specialist 3 position
C. Remove the Tax Lien/Bankruptcy Supervisor position and replace it with a Personal Property/Back Tax Assistant 3
D. Add an Accounting Specialist 2 position.
E. Promote Candice Davis into the Senior Accountant position at a salary of $46,432.24,
F. Promote Analese Castillo into the Accounting Specialist 3 position at a salary of $28,631.32
G. Promote Dawn Yarosh into the Personal Property/Back Tax Assistant 3 position with a salary of $25,321.00
4. Treasurer’s Office: Discussion and possible approval of an “Addendum to Certificate of Bank Accounts/Addendum to Certificate of Authority” and a resolution to open two new bank accounts with National Bank of Arizona and add authorized signors to the accounts for the Sheriff’s Office. This request is a conjuncture of the banking services RFP that was approved by the Board on April 7, 2015.
5. Treasurer’s Office: Discussion and possible approval of a “Certificate of Abatement of Taxes” pursuant to ARS 42- 18351, 42-18352, and 42-18353. This certificate impacts parcels and mobile home account numbers 204-18-002, M0400010, M1100338, M9900265, 201-70-112, 201-08-007, 211-26-009E. Total taxes to be abated; one thousand, seven hundred ninety one dollars and fifty five cents ($1791.55). The total interest to be abated; six hundred eighty five dollars and sixty five cents ($685.65). The total fees to be abated; one hundred three dollars and eighty five cents ($103.85) for a total of two thousand, five hundred eighty one dollars and five cents ($2,581.05).
6. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between April 4, 2017 and April 18, 2017 . Demands are payments made, or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of minutes dated March 28, 2017 and April 4, 2017.
*C. Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License application for Terry Fillipi, Alpine Business Association, for the Alpine Blues Music Festival on June 16 & 17, 2017, located at 42665 Highway 180, in Alpine, Arizona.
*D. Notification to the public of multiple community meetings to be held in May, June and July regarding the Apache County Comprehensive Plan. The meetings are for gathering ideas and concerns from community members to help in the development of the Comprehensive Plan. The meeting schedule will be posted on the county website, social media, the newspaper, and locations around the county.
*E. Request approval to waive the permit fee for a Temporary Use Permit for the Greer Civic Association, a non-profit organization to hold Greer Days, an annual community event in Greer, June 9th, 10th & 11th, 2017. A temporary Use Permit fee is $300.
*F. Notification of the retirement of Deputy Sheriff III, Chris Oakes and request approval to payout his sick leave balance. This request is made in accordance with Apache County Human Resources policy 3.25.
7. Community Development: Discussion and possible approval of an Amended Plat Map by applicants Joshua and Jessica McGinnis. The Applicants want to combine Lots 51 & 52 of the Ojo Bonito Estates Subdivision, parcel numbers 106-58-51/52, located near Vernon, AZ. Applicants are requesting the waiver of procedural requirements, and approval of the Amended Plat Map under the appeals process of Section 11 of the Subdivision Ordinance.
8. Community Development: Discussion and possible renewal of a contract between Apache County and the Arizona Department of Housing, the Office of Manufactured Housing. The contract would grant Apache County the authority to continue to inspect the installation of manufactured houses within the county.
9. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval to award Bid #201703 for a firewood processor. The purchase amount will come from the general fund.
10. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Discussion and possible adoption of the annual fair housing proclamation and resolution, which recognizes April as Fair Housing Month in Apache County.
11. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Discussion and possible approval for Apache County to act as the fiscal agent for the White Mountain Regional Medical Center application for the Ft. McDowell Proposition 202 Grant.
12. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to re-instate the Apache County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Program, which requires authorization payment by the Board, one thousand nine hundred fifty five dollars and fifty two cents ($1,955.52) per year, per individual, on workman’s compensation insurance or four hundred eighty eight dollars and eighty eight cents ($488.88), per quarter, utilizing the sheriff’s office budget.
13. Sheriff’s Office: Request authorization for Apache County to enter into a Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement (17-LE11030121-008), with the U.S. Forest Service for reimbursement by the Forest Service of up to $5,000. The Agreement will allow a cooperative effort between Apache County and the Forest Service in connection with activities on National Forest Service (NFS) lands within Apache County, and to provide reimbursement to the Apache County Sheriff’s Office for uniformed deputies with marked vehicles, to perform coverage on NFS lands, during busy summer weekends and holidays.
14. Finance Department: Discussion and possible approval to convert the currently vacant Internal Auditor (range 48) position to an Administrative Coordinator (Range 38) position and fill the vacancy.
15. Clerk of the Court: Discussion and possible approval of the following:
A. Convert the vacant Judicial Information System Manager position (range 28) to an Accounting Specialist III (range 28). This action will align the position with the actual duties.
B. Convert a Courtroom III position (range 29), to an Office Manager (range 32). This action will align the position with the actual duties.
16. County Manager: Following a possible executive session for legal advice pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03 (A)(3), possible discussion and/or action regarding the county limestone pit.
17. Notification of a meeting with Tucson Electric Power at 1:30 p.m. on April 19, 2017 at the County Supervisors Association (CSA) complex, 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix; the Eastern Arizona Counties Organization meeting at 3:00 p.m. on April 19, 2017 at the (CSA) complex, 1905 W. Washington Street, in Phoenix; a meeting with CSA Executive Director, Craig Sullivan on April 19, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. at the CSA complex, 1905 W. Washington Street, in Phoenix; the Small Counties Forum meeting at 5:30 p.m. on April 19, 2017 at the CSA complex, 1905 W. Washington Street, in Phoenix; and on April 20, 2017, the County Supervisors Association meeting at the CSA complex, 1905 W. Washington Street at 10:00 a.m., where two or more members of the Apache County Board of Supervisors may be in attendance.
18. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Clerk of the Board