View Meeting Minutes
|Joe Shirley, Jr.
|Tom M. White, Jr.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
March 15, 2016
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST (9:30 a.m. DMST)
Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation by Invitation
1. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between March 1, 2016 to March 15, 2016. Demands are payments made or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of minutes dated February 23, 2016, February 24, 2016 and March 1, 2016.
*C. Recognition of April as National County Government Month.
*D. Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License for Alpine Business Association for the Alpine Blues Festival on June 17, 18, 19, 2016, located at 42665 Highway180 Alpine, Arizona.
*E. Request approval of the contract extension for The Aarons Company forlobbying and government relations services.
*F. Request approval to waive the permit fee for a Temporary Use Permit for Greer Days, an annual community event in Greer on June 10 & 11, 2016.
2. Superior Court: Pursuant to A.R.S. 12-121 & 12-144, the Superior Court requests the reappointment of Judge Kay H. Wilkins and Judge Michael P. Roca, as part time Superior Court Judges pro-tempore; Judge C. Allan Perkins, as a full time Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore. The Superior Court also requests appointment on an as needed emergency basis only, of Paul Julien with the Administrative Office of the Courts, as a Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore. The re-appointments and appointment shall begin July 1, 2016 and end June 30, 2017 and shall in no way affect any current appointments previously approved.
3. Election Department: Discussion and possible approval of the Canvass of the Concho Fire District Special Election held on March 8, 2016.
4. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a resolution to allow the Grover’s Hill Irrigation District to conduct their Board of Directors election by all mail.
5. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a resolution approving an application for the motorized and non-motorized recreational trails program.
6. School Superintendent’s Office: Discussion and possible approval of the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) among the Arizona Supreme Court, the Apache County Board of Supervisors, the Apache County School Superintendent and the Apache County Superior Court. This IGA addresses Title I funds allocated to Apache County for juvenile detention education services. The budget for these funds has been developed in cooperation with the Navajo County School Superintendent and they will be passed through Apache County to Navajo County, who is currently providing these educational services to juvenile detention Students.
7. Emergency Management: Discussion and possible approval to enter into a Hazard Mitigation Plan update with the Department of Emergency Management and Military Affairs (Project Number PDMC-PL-AZ-2015-010/EMF-2016-PC-0003 1) in the amount up to $26,250 with a $8,750 non-federal match requirement. This item was tabled from the March 1, 2016 meeting.
8. Emergency Management: Discussion and possible approval to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding between Apache County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Emergency Management Agency Integrated Public Alert Warning System (IPAWS) Program Management Office. This will enable information Interoperability across emergency responses organizations and systems.
9. Treasurer’s Office: Discussion and possible approval of an Addendum to Certificate of Bank Accounts/Addendum to Certificate of Authority to open a new bank account with National Bank of Arizona and add authorized signers to the account for the jail. This request is in conjunction with the banking services RFP that was approved by the Board on April 7, 2015.
10. Treasurer’s Office: Discussion and possible approval of a Certificate of Removal and Abatement of Taxes: pursuant to ARS 42-18351, 42-18352, and 42-18353. This certificate impacts parcels 107-40-007C, (duplicate account), 209-27-176B (based on error of exemption and legal opinion), 103-14-011C, 103-14-011D, 103-14-011E, 103-14-011F, 103-14-011H, 103-14-011J, and 103-13-005D (based on error of omission on parcel splits and collection of taxes prior top split.
11. Notification of the Eastern Arizona Counties Organization meeting on March 16, 2016 at the County Supervisors Association (CSA) Building, 1905 W. Washington Street at 3:00 p.m., the Small Counties Forum meeting at 6:00 pm. on March 16, 2016 located at the CSA building, 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix, AZ at 3:00 p.m. and the County Supervisors Association meeting on March 17, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. located at the CSA Building, 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix where two or more members of the Apache County Board of Supervisors may be in attendance.
12. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Clerk of the Board