|Tom M. White, Jr.
|R. John Lee
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, AND
THE APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
June 19, 2012
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Call to the Public.
1. A/D Public Hearing: Consideration and possible approval of the 2012-2013 Tentative Budget.
2. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a Liquor License Recommendation Application for Brian Lemmermann, Chef’s Table at Greer Peaks, in Greer, Arizona.
3. A/D County Manager: Request approval of Intergovernmental Agreement Amendment #3 between Apache County and Arizona Counties Insurance Pool for insurance services.
4. A/D CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a Single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated May 29, 2012 and June 5, 2012.
*B. Request approval of the demands.
*C. Chinle Justice Court: Request authorization to remove Melody Hardy from probationary status effective May 21, 2012 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*D. Probation Department: Notification of retirement of Pam Tenney and Michael O’Brien, effective June 29, 2012 and request authorization to payout sick leave balances in accordance with Apache County Human Resources.
*E. Building and Maintenance: Request authorization to change Custodian Michelle Joy from full time to part time (20 hours) effective August 13, 2012 to be paid with County Attorney and Probation funds.
*F. Building and Maintenance: Request authorization to adjust the salary of Temporary Greer Project Summer Intern C.J. John from $10.00 to $11.00 per hour. Mr. John is an experienced stacker and faller.
*G. Building and Maintenance: Request authorization to hire a part time (19.5 hours) temporary Custodian for a period of 90 days, at $7.65 per hour.
*H. Request authorization to adjust the positions of Grounds Worker and Custodian from range 9 to the new range of 10. This change is made to coincide with the new minimum wage of $7.65.
*I. Clerk of the Court: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment of Ruth Neilson and Jewely Hughes for an additional 90 days.
*J. District II: Request authorization to hire a temporary Custodian, not to exceed 60 days and a temporary Administrative Assistant I, not to exceed 120 days.
School Superintendent’s Office:
*K. Request authorization to use donation money from Tucson Electric Power Company in the amount of $500.00 for annual Teacher and Administrator of the Year event for next year.
*L. District III: Request authorization to solicit bids for drilling of a well and installation of water delivery system for the limestone pit east of St. Johns.
*M. District III: Request authorization to solicit bids for a used 9 wheel pneumatic wheel roller, utilizing carry over funds.
*N. Request authorization to solicit bids for culverts, county wide, on yearly bid.
5. A/D District II: Request payment in the amount of $28,097.43 to Navajo Tribal Utility Authority to have security lights installed on 10 new poles around the Ft.Defiance road yard perimeter.
6. A/D Engineering Department: District I requests authorization to purchase four (4) suburbans using transit funds for senior citizen centers in Chinle, Dennehotso, Rough Rock and Lukachukai not to exceed $43,700 each, utilizing State Purchasing.
7. A/D Engineering Department: District III request authorization to award bid #201208 for blasting services at the limestone pit.
8. A/D Engineering Department: Request authorization to enter into an agreement with Arizona Department of Transportation IGA-JPA 12-0471, for pavement markings, Project #SH56401C &03D
9. A/D Adult Probation: Request approval of the Drug, Gang and Violent Crime Control Program (DEA) Grant. The State of Arizona will disburse $14,011.00 and Apache County will provide $3,503.00 in matching funds for a total amount of $17,514.00 for this ongoing grant.
10. A/D Juvenile Probation: Request approval of the Family Counseling Grant. The State of Arizona will disburse $13,083.00 and Apache County will provide $3,271.00 in matching funds for a total of $16,354.00 for this ongoing grant.
11. A/D County Attorney’s Office: Request approval of Arizona Criminal Justice Commission Victims Assistance Grant #VA-13-017 in the amount of $19,200 awarded for FY13.
12. A/D Treasurer’s Office: Request approval of the revised Revolving Credit Agreement between Apache County and Wells Fargo Bank.
13. A/D Treasurer’s Office: Request approval to exercise the option to renew for one (1) year, the servicing bank agreement with Wells Fargo Bank.
14. A/D Treasurer’s Office: Request approval to hire a temporary Accountant not to exceed 120 days.
15. A/D Sheriff’s Office: Request authorization to award bid #201207 for the heating and cooling unit for the Patterson House. This will be paid utilizing RICO funds.
16. A/D Election Department: The Apache County Board of Supervisors sets a public meeting be held on June 20, 2012, at 10:00 am at the Apache County Tabulation Elections Center, located at 75 West Cleveland Street in St. Johns, Arizona, for the purpose of drawing for ballot position appearing on the ballot for the office of Precinct Committeeman in the precincts where there are more candidates filing than offices to be elected as stated in ARS §16-464B. This election will be held on August 28, 2012. The public meeting announced in this agenda item will not be a meeting of the Board of Supervisors but is conducted by the Elections Department filing officer to supervise the drawing by lot, date, and time of the drawing, and announce the results of the placement of names on the primary election ballot for these precinct committee offices.
17. A/D Doyel Shamley: Presentation and update on the Greer Stewardship Project.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
June 19, 2012
1. A/D Request authorization to award the bid for janitorial services for FY2012-1013 for the Round Valley Public Library to Patricia Barnes in the amount of $16,560.00 and the janitorial services for the St. Johns Public Library to Stephen K. Rogers in the amount of $11,976.00.
2. A/D Request authorization to accept a Library Services and Technology Act grant for the Round Valley Public Library in the amount of $25,150 for a Robot Makerspace: a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) project.
3. A/D Request approval of lease agreement between the Vernon Domestic Water Improvement District and the Apache County Library District effective July 1, 2012 through June 20, 2013.
4. A/D Request approval of lease agreement between the Vernon Fire District and the Apache County Library District effective July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board