Clerk of the Court- FAQ’s

How do I apply for a Marriage License?
A license may be obtained from the Clerk of the Court or any of the four Justice Courts in Apache County. When applying, both parties will need to be present; both will need a valid picture ID, (example: Driver’s License, State issued ID, etc.); and the license fee will need to be paid. Currently the fee is $83.00.

How do I apply for a Passport?
Applications for passports may be obtained from the Clerk of the Court’s Office or online at https://travel.state.gov. Instructions and requirements for passports may also be found on this website. A passport photo is required along with your original birth certificate. An application, photo and a birth certificate are required for each person you are seeking a passport for. After application(s) have been filled out and photos have been obtained, you may bring the application(s) along with the photos and your birth certificate to the Clerk’s Office Monday-Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Be sure to have your Driver’s License or State Issued ID with you to prove your identity and also a copy of it. If you are applying for a passport for your minor child, the child and both parents will need to be present. If only one parent can be present, then you’ll need an affidavit of consent from the absent parent in order to apply. Please contact the Clerk’s Office with any questions.

Can I view and get copies of court records?
Yes, unless it is a sealed case. Records can be requested by filling out a public records request. This service is free if you come into the office and search the records yourself and/or if you know the case number of the records you seek. If you do not have the case number, a search fee of $30.00 is due. There is also a copy charge of $.50 per page. If the documents need to be certified, there is an additional fee of $30.00 per document.

How do I pay my fines and fees?
Payments can be made in person at the Clerk’s Office, over the phone or by mail. Acceptable forms of payment are personal check with valid Driver’s License, money order, credit/debit card, or cash if paying in person. Please have your case number available when making payments.

Is there a filing fee to file my case?
Most cases filed in the Superior Court have an associated filing fee. Click here for Filing Fees.

What is the difference between a Juror Questionnaire and a Jury Summons?
Juror Questionnaires are sent out twice a year to Apache County residents to assist the Court in forming a Jury Pool. When received, they should be filled out and sent back to the Clerk’s Office within 10 days of receiving them or filled out online. They are not summoning you to jury duty at that time.
Jury Summons’ are sent to prospective jurors requesting them to appear for jury duty on a specific date. If you receive a summons, please be sure to call the Clerk’s Office the night before you are to appear to make sure the trial is still going. Trials can be cancelled at the last minute.