Public Health Services
Public Health Education Division
About Public Health Services
Contact Information
WIC has three office locations
Walk-in’s Welcome
WIC Schedule
WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines
WIC[1]  Apache County Public Health District
Public Health Education Division

“Healthy People – Healthy Environment”
Woman, Infant and Children’s Health Program (WIC)
Robin R. Aguero, Division Manager
E-Mail Me!
What is WIC?

The Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC) is a nutrition education program which provides families with nutritious foods, information on healthy eating, and referrals to healthcare providers. WIC serves pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women; and infants and children under five years of age who meet specific eligibility guidelines.

How do I become a WIC participant?

Call one of the WIC office locations listed on the left side of this page to make an appointment at a WIC Clinic near you. We accept walk-ins at all clinics. See schedule above.

WIC provides…

  • Health screening to determine nutritional status
  • Nutrition education and counseling
  • Breastfeeding information and support
  • Checks for supplemental nutritious foods and a list of vendors who accept the checks
  • Referrals to appropriate healthcare providers
Who is Eligible?

  • Pregnant women
  • Breastfeeding women
  • Women who have a baby less than six months old
  • Infants and children up to five years old who:
    • Live in the state of Arizona
    • Are at nutritional risk
    • Meet our liberal income guidelines

See Eligibility Guidelines above.

What should I bring to my appointment?
1. One of the following as proof of income:
  • Current pay stub
  • Tax return
  • Social Security, public assistance or unemployment
  • Letter from your employer
  • AHCCCS Letter
  • Food Stamp Letter
  • Other
2. Proof of residency:
  • Current utility or cable bill
  • Rent or mortgage receipt
  • Mail/Bill
  • Drivers License
  • Other
3. Proof of identification  Adult

  • Drivers License
  • Photo ID

  • Immunization Record
  • Birth Certificate
  • Crib Card
  • Hospital Baby ID
  • Other
*”The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”