Serving Navajo, Apache, and Gila Counties
Workforce Development Board Meeting
Holiday Inn Express
151 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ
Conference Call Number 1-877-820-7831
Access code 1284375#
August 16, 2017
3:00pm – 4:00 pm
Workforce Development Board Pursuant to ARS 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to members of the Northeastern Arizona Innovative Workforce Solutions Workforce Innovative Opportunity Act and to the General Public that the Board will hold a meeting open to the public.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) the Workforce Development Board endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact Carla Fails at 928-524-4327 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting so that an accommodation can be arranged.
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance – Don Berry
2. Roll Call – Paul Watson
3. Discussion/Action: Approval of the May 31, 2017 Workforce Development Board Meeting Minutes.
4. Information/Discussion: Follow-up report on WDB and Title I reorganization. All positions have been filled.
5. Information/Discussion: WDB membership for Title II representative. Gail Campbell, Associate Dean of Education, College and Career Preparation, was nominated by the Arizona State Department of Education to replace Rickey Jackson as the Title II Adult Education representative on the WDB. The Navajo County Board of Supervisors approved the nomination and appointed Gail Campbell as a board member on August 8, 2017.
6. Information/Discussion: Update on Adult Ed Grant applications. Northland Pioneer College’s application was approved by the Arizona State Department of Education for the Navajo and Apache County Region. The request for proposals for the Gila County area was reopened; two applications were received and members of the Executive Committee reviewed and provided comments to the Dept. of Ed on July 30, 2017.
7. Information/Discussion: Update on the draft Infrastructure Funding Agreement (IFA), which is an addendum to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Workforce Development Board and each partner agency relating to One-Stop system budget and cost-sharing. Signed IFA is due to the State by September 30, 2017.
8. Discussion/Action: Presentation and Approval of WDB and Title I projected Program Year 2017/Fiscal Year 2018 Budget. Board votes
9. One-Stop Operator Report: Malissa Buzan
10. Chairperson’s Report: Don Berry
11. Call to the Public – Don Berry
Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for up to 5 minutes. At the close of the Call to the Public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may ask staff to review a matter or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
12. Next Meeting – October 26, 2017 in Gila County – Location to be determined