APACHE COUNTY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
P. O. Box 238
St. Johns, Arizona 85936
Phone: (928) 337-7526
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
March 02, 2017 @ 12:00pm
The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a work session and regular meeting open to the public on Thursday, March 2, 2017 in the Board of Supervisors Room, located in the County Annex Building, 75 W. Cleveland Street in St. Johns. The work session will begin at 12:00 pm, and the regular meeting will begin at 1:00 pm.
The agenda for the work session and regular meeting is as follows:
1. Discussion of the Comprehensive Plan, including the Commission’s role in creating the plan, reviewing contents of the current plan, and ideas for the new plan.
2. Discussion about amending or adding to the Zoning Ordinance or Building Code. Specifically, discussion on these topics:
- Amending the Reversion to Acreage and Lot Combination ordinances
- Changing building codes to allow for tiny houses
- Adding provisions to allow guest houses
- Amending the Manufactured Homes zoning ordinance
3. Discussion or review of principles learned at the Open Meeting Law and Public Records Law training on February 28, 2017.
4. Discussion of the commission member’s potential liabilities when acting within the scope of their duties.
Item #1 Call to Order.
Item #2 Roll Call/Determination of a Quorum
Item #3 Call to the Public (Forms must be turned in at this time). Individuals may address the Commission on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Commission members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Item #4 Approval of the minutes from the February 2, 2017 meeting
Item #5 Adjourn
*Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting Shanna at 928-337-7526. Requests should be made as early as possible to arrange the accommodation.
These items are available on the county Web site at https://www.co.apache.az.us 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting. Those wishing to comment on any of these items may do so in writing, by e-mail, or in person. Mail comments to Apache County Community Development, P.O. Box 238, St. Johns, AZ 85936, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.