View Action Agenda
Video of Meeting
View Meeting Minutes
|Supervisor Joe Shirley, Jr.
| Supervisor Alton Joe Shepherd
| Supervisor Doyel Shamley
Board Vice Chairman
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
November 21, 2017
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Community Development: Following a public hearing possible approval of a Subdivision Abandonment Application by James Wayne Crosswhite, LLC, allowing for the abandonment of the EC Bar Ranch Estates, by reverting to acreage all lots within the subdivision to create one (1) 206.5 acre parcel. Planned future use is for a preservation of wildlife habitat as well as increasing the water quality and volume along Nutrioso Creek. The applicant owns all the lots in the subdivision. Property is located near Nutrioso, parcel 102-66-001 through 102-66-063. On October 5, 2017, the Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously recommended approval of the abandonment.
2. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval of an abandonment of road right-of-way in conjunction with EC Bar subdivision reversion. The public hearing for the abandonment to be held in conjunction with EC Bar subdivision reversion.
3. Sit as the Board of Equalization to consider the following Petitions for Notice of Change determinations heard by Hearing Officer Charles Johnson on November 7, 2017.
Acceptance of hearing determination of Petition for Notice of Change for Escudilla Cattle for parcels 102-43-008, 102-37-004 and multiple parcels 102-39-003C through 101-45-005E agricultural status was granted. Determinations were made regarding the following parcels.
Parcel 101-70-024 FCV for 2018 set at $19,000
Parcel 101-70-005 FCV for 2018 set at $15,000
Parcel 101-70-027 FCV for 2018 set at $15,960
Parcel 102-64-040 FCV for 2018 set at $19,190
Parcel 102-64-041 FCV for 2018 set at $11,500
Parcel 102-64-042 FCV for 2018 set at $13,500
Parcel 102-64-043 FCV for 2018 set at $34,485
Parcel 102-64-045 FCV for 2018 set at $51,030
Parcel 102-64-046 FCV for 2018 set at $27,835
Parcel 102-64-047 FCV for 2018 set at $35,500
Parcel 102-64-075 FCV for 2018 set at $14,345
Parcel 102-64-040 FCV for 2018 set at $19,190
Parcel 102-45-007L FCV for 2018 set at $26,315
Parcel 102-64-038 FCV for 2018 set at $66,888
Parcel 102-64-044 FCV for 2018 set at $72,250
Acceptance of hearing determination of Petition for Notice of Change for Richard Schust, Parcel 202-39-333, FCV for 2018 set at $196.00.
Acceptance of hearing determination of Petition for Notice of Change for Arthur and Susan Lloyd for parcel 203-40-004A, a stipulated agreement set FCV for 2018 at $61,640 and parcel 203-40-006 a stipulated agreement set FCV at $7,200 for 2018.
Acceptance of hearing determination of Petition for Notice of Change for Timothy Shelest, parcel 106-36-034I, FCV of $226,636, due to ineligible for agriculture status.
Acceptance of hearing determination of Petition for Notice of Change for Margaret Fain and Linda Hale Trustees, for parcel 101-21-001Q, agriculture status was granted.
Acceptance of hearing determination of Petition for Notice of Change for Wilhelm Homestead Trust Ranch, agricultural status granted for parcels 106-45-001, 103-36-016, 106-38-005 and 106-45-001 and the following:
106-69-002A $49,090 – outbuilding
106-69-002B $98,409 – residence
4. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between November 7, 2017 to November 21, 2017. Demands are payments made, or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of the termination of Special Land Use Permit No. 23-112639-03 for lease of property near the Round Valley Rodeo Grounds. Termination of this Special Land Use Permit will save the County thirteen thousand dollars ($13,000) per year.
*C. Request approval for the FY2018 Fill the Gap Grant Application in the amount of two hundred twenty-seven thousand, seven hundred sixty-three dollars and 80 cents ($227,763.80). These funds are generated from court fines and fees and set aside for necessary court operations within Apache County.
*D. Probation Services: Request approval to convert a Juvenile Detention Manager position (Range 44) to a Legacy Teen Center Regional Coordinator position (Range 44). This change will not affect the budget nor cost the County or Probation additional funds.
*E. District I: Request approval to convert a currently vacant Road Maintenance Worker I position (Range 24) to a Road Maintenance Worker II position (Range 30).
5. Election Department: Discussion and possible approval of the Canvass of the November 7, 2017 Special Election.
6. Election Department: Discussion and possible approval to dispose of 234 unusable voting booths by donating them to the Ft. Defiance Agency Election Office/Navajo Nation Election Administration.
7. District II: Discussion and possible approval to trade a 2001 Caterpillar 140H, VIN 22K06577 to the Ganado Chapter House in exchange for an additional 2.36-acres of land to be added to the lease between Apache County and the Navajo Nation at the Ganado Road Yard site.
8. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Interim Clerk of the Board