|Supervisor Joe Shirley, Jr.
| Supervisor Alton Joe Shepherd
| Supervisor Doyel Shamley
Board Vice Chairman
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
January 3, 2018
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
1. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between December 19, 2017 to January 3, 2018. Demands are payments made, or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of the minutes dated December 5, 2017
*C. Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License for Wes Meyers, San Rafael Church Social Hall, #25 County Road 5041, Concho, Arizona for a Valentines event on February 10, 2018.
*D. District II: Request approval for a salary adjustment for the Field Operations Manager to fifty-four thousand, two hundred dollars ($54,200.00) and for a salary adjust for the Operations Manager to forty-five thousand, eight hundred dollars ($45,800.00).
*E. District I: Request approval to extend the temporary employment for Norman Claw for an additional 30 days to end February 17, 2018.
2. Election Department: Discussion and possible approval of the 2018 Polling Agreements to be used in the 2018 Election Cycle: Special Election on March 13, 2018, Special Election on May 15, 2018, Primary Election on August 28, 2018 and the General Election to be held on November 6, 2018.
3. District II: Discussion and possible approval of the purchase of TOPCON GPS controls from RDO Integrated Controls in the amount of sixty thousand, nine hundred dollars ($60,900.00) which will be broken down into two payments of thirty thousand, four hundred fifty dollars ($30,450.00); one payment in this fiscal year and the other payment in next fiscal year.
4. County Manager: Discussion and possible action regarding chief deputy salary ranges.
5. County Manager: Discussion and possible action regarding upcoming legislative issues.
6. District III: Discussion and possible approval of a Management Agreement between Apache County and the Nutrioso Community Association for the use of the Nutrioso Community Center.
7. District III: Discussion on Apache County budget formulation process to engage departments and elected offices together.
8. District III: Discussion and possible action on methodology for vetting applications, interviewing and selecting new Apache County Manager.
9. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Interim Clerk of the Board