|Supervisor Joe Shirley, Jr.
| Supervisor Alton Joe Shepherd
| Supervisor Doyel Shamley
Board Vice Chairman
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
December 5, 2017
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
December 5, 2017
1. Discussion and possible approval of an Intellectual License Agreement with the City of Scottsdale, Arizona. The agreement allows two select library employees to participate in training for and use of the proprietary educational program, “Knowing and Growing” and its related materials. Cost is waived for the licenses. APPROVAL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
December 5, 2017
1. Community Development: Following a public hearing, discussion and possible approval of amendment to the Apache County Zoning Ordinance Article 7, Section 730(A)(1), which would allow manufactured homes more than 15 years old to be permitted through the Conditional Use Permit process. The Planning & Zoning Commission unanimously recommended approval on November 2, 2017. APPROVAL
2. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called. APPROVAL A-E
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between November 7, 2017 to November 21, 2017. Demands are payments made, or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of the minutes dated November 7, 2017
*C. Recorder’s Office: Request approval to change the Voter Outreach Project Coordinator (Range 36) position, to an Election Outreach Coordinator (Range 29) and fill the vacancy. This will result in a savings of eight thousand three hundred sixty-six dollars ($8,366.00).
*D. Request approval of a Conditional Use Permit allowing Sean Bowen to place a 1999 manufactured home on his 40-acre parcel. Property is located on 688 Stanford Road, in the Vernon/Concho area. A.P.N 107-49-116. The Planning & Zoning Commission unanimously recommended for approval, November 2, 2017, with no conditions.
*E. Request approval of a Conditional Use Permit allowing Holly Williams to erect a 60’ ham radio tower on her 40-acre parcel located near Concho, Arizona. A.P.N. 212-66-138. The Planning & Zoning Commission unanimously recommended approved on November 2, 2017, with the condition to be approved only for the location specified on the site plan submitted with the application to ensure that any future owners will not erect additional towers on other locations.
3. Community Development: James Puls of the Paradise Park Christian Church Association is requesting a reduction of the building permit fee of $1,040.63 to construct a 50’ x 40’ parsonage for clergy members to stay in, as well as a space to hold church services until a church can be constructed. Property is located in Vernon, AZ, A.P.N 107-12-566. APPROVAL TO REDUCE TO $520.00
4. Assessor’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to create a Systems Administrator (Range 48) to be funded with savings from cancellation of professional services contract. This change will not affect the budget and will not cost the Assessor’s budget additional funds. APPROVAL
5. Assessor’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to fill the Valuation Coordinator II position (Range 29) to be funded with existing position(s) salary savings from budgeted funds for the remainder of the fiscal year. Filing this position will not affect the budget nor cost the County or Assessor additional funds. APPROVAL
6. Clerk of the Board: Discussion and possible recommendation approval of Liquor License Application #10013024 for Rhonda Tilton, Dollar General #17515, 5 County Road 823 South, Concho, Arizona. APPROVAL
7. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to accept the DUI Impaired Driving Enforcement grant (20180AL-002) from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) in the amount of five thousand-two hundred dollars ($5,200.00). No matching funds are required. APPROVAL
8. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to enter into an Intergovernmental Agreement for origin and cause (arson) Fire Investigation Services between the Town of Eagar and Apache County Sheriff’s Office. APPROVAL
9. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to accept the Selective Traffic Enforcement Related Equipment (STEP) grant #2018-PTS-082 from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) in the amount of twenty-seven thousand dollars ($27,000). No matching funds are required. APPROVAL
10. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to enter into an Intergovernmental Agreement with Navajo County, City of Holbrook, City of St. Johns, City of Show Low, Town of Pinetop-Lakeside, Town of Snowflake, Town of Taylor, Town of Eagar, Town of Springerville, and the City of Winslow for the implementation, deployment, equipping governance and maintenance of the White Mountain Regional Special Response Team (SRT). TABLED UNTIL SHERIFF DEDMAN MEETS WITH SUPERVISOR SHAMLEY.
11. Sheriff’s Office: Discussion and possible approval to accept the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) grant. #2018-PTS-001, from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000). No matching funds are required. APPROVAL
12. Notification of the following meetings where two or more members of the Apache County Board of Supervisors may be in attendance: NOTICE ONLY
Eastern Arizona Counties meeting on December 13, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. at the County Supervisors Association, 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix.
The Small Counties Forum meeting on December 13, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at the County Supervisors Association building, 1905 W. Washington Street, Phoenix.
The County Supervisors Association meeting on December 14, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at the County Supervisors Association building, 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix.
13. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Interim Clerk of the Board