|Supervisor Joe Shirley, Jr.
| Supervisor Alton Joe Shepherd
| Supervisor Doyel Shamley
Board Vice Chairman
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
October 17, 2017
Board of Supervisors’ Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
1. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called. APPROVAL A-E
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands as distributed to the Apache County Board of Supervisors between October 3, 2017 to October 17, 2017. Demands are payments made, or to be made, by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*B. Request approval of minutes dated September 19, 2017.
*C. Building & Maintenance: Request approval to extend the temporary employment of Lane Wilkins for an additional 90 days.
*D. Discussion and possible approve of a conditional use permit allowing Navopache Electric Cooperative, LLC (NEC) to construct a 240’ steel lattice communication tower, replacing an existing 40’ steel monopole communication tower. The tower is located on private property in the new sub-station located within the Tucson Electric Power (TEP) Springerville Generating sub-station Township: 11, Range: 30, Section: 34. The Planning and Zoning commission unanimously approved the Conditional Use Permit on September 14, 2017.
*E. Discussion and possible approval of settlement stipulation, to abate interest of one hundred twenty dollars and 38 cents ($120.38) and collect the levied tax charge of two hundred seventy-three dollars and 58 cents. ($273.58) on parcel 105-18-025C/Account P9650135 for year of 2014.
2. Community Development: Discussion and possible approval to reduce the $500 Conditional Use Permit application fee for Holly Williams to install a 60’ ham radio tower on her property. APPROVAL OF $50.00 FEE
3. Emergency Management: Discussion and possible approval of the updated Hazardous Mitigation Plan. A copy of the plan is available on the County website or in the County Manager’s Office. APPROVAL
4. Emergency Management: Discussion and possible approval to accept an Emergency Management Performance Grant award (number EMF-2017-EP-00008-S01) of two hundred two thousand, nine hundred eighty-six dollars ($202,986.00) from the Arizona Department of Emergency & Military Affairs, Division of Emergency Management. This grant has a cost share of 50% federal funds and 50% local funds on all eligible expenditures. The grant performance period is July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. APPROVAL
5. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of a contract with Realauction.com, LLC to conduct the sale of Tax Deed Property via an online auction. APPROVAL
6. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of the back-tax parcels to be offered at public auction. APPROVAL
7. Notification of a tour of the Tucson Electric Power Plant, 1200 County Road #4162, Springerville, Arizona, following the Board meeting at approximately 10:30 a.m. on October 17, 2017. The County Supervisors Association Summit to be held at the Talking Stick Resort, 9800 E. Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, Arizona on October 24, 2017 through October 26, 2017, and the Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG) meeting on October 26, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. at the High Country Conference Center, 201 West Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, Arizona where two or more members of the Board of Supervisors may be in attendance. NOTICE ONLY
8. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board’s office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted _________________at _________a.m. p.m. by _____.
Clerk of the Board