Internal: Treasurer’s office, representatives from other county agencies.
External: Walk-in and phone clients (taxpayers, title company representatives, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Integrity, strong customer service and cash handling background, ability to work well with taxpayers and co-workers, high level of problem solving.
Education of Equivalency: High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Experience: Strong cash handling and customer service background, computer skills.
Specialized Training: N/A
1. Greets the public and directs them for all information and offices in the Annex Building.
2. Helps/assists them with the public computer.
3. Receives and dispense property tax information by the phone and direct contact.
4. Operates 10-key by touch.
5. Handles a variety of contacts with the public and employees.
6. Cashiers tax payments.
7. Balances daily cash and check drawer.
8. Acts as the focal point for receipt and distribution of incoming mail.
9. Analyzes contents of mail to determine the responsible receiver.
10. Prepares data for processing.
11. Obtains essential tax information through research of multi-information system available.
12. Prepares letters and memos.
13. Files correspondence, reports and other paperwork; maintains filing system.
14. Maintains accuracy and speed during rapidly changing production demands.
15. Posts payments to tax roll books.
16. Communicates information to supervisors, taxpayers and fellow employees in an effective, courteous manner.
17. Completes special assignments as assigned,
18. Employee must be able to work well with others, must be flexible, and must be able to follow instructions and procedures as outlined.
19. Board orders
20. Bond checks