NATURE OF WORK:
Under general direction and supervision performs administrative work of considerable difficulty in diversified or special project work; performs related work as assigned or required.
(Illustrative Only) Develops and implements procedures, operation and special projects; coordinates, reports and maintains records; keeps job descriptions current; coordinates departmental activities; analyzes departmental financial or project data and makes recommendations; assists in the writing and preparation of grants; assists with employee benefits; may assist in budget preparation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of:
1. principles and practices of office administration and management;
2. staff research work, business English and report writing;
3. grant fund writing.
Working knowledge of:
4. records management and retention;
5. statistical surveying techniques and their application;
6. word processors and computer systems and other office machines;
7. principles and practices of general accounting.
8. represent the department or division;
9. establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
10. follow written and verbal instructions;
11. communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative experience; OR, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates a potential to perform the duties of the position.