NATURE OF WORK:
Under close supervision, performs administrative work of moderate difficulty in diversified or special project work, and secretarial duties; performs related work as required or assigned.
Takes part in the development of procedures, operations, and special projects; maintains reports and records; may review departmental financial or project data and makes recommendations; assists in the writing and preparation of grants; performs secretarial duties; makes travel arrangements for departmental personnel; clears warrants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of:
• records management operations;
• statistical surveying techniques and their application;
• guidelines, regulations, and statutes affecting the department;
• word processors and microcomputer systems and other office machines;
• principles and practices of general accounting;
• principles and practices of supervision.
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
• follow written and verbal instructions;
• communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative experience; OR, any combination of training, education or experience which demonstrates the potential to perform the duties of the position.
(Position is in classified service. Position is FLSA non-exempt)