NATURE OF WORK:
Under general supervision, is responsible for technical work of moderate to difficult standards in law enforcement or investigative duties; performs related duties as required or assigned.
Performs law enforcement patrol activities in assigned area; enforces laws; provides protection; observes criminal behavior; arrests violators; subdues resisting offenders using force where appropriate; including deadly force; transports; investigates cases; performs surveillance; crowd control; execution of writs; subpoenas and court orders; conducts interviews; prepares reports; seizes and processes evidence; presents testimony and evidence; assists distressed persons; directs traffic; and administers first aid.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of:
1. Arizona Revised Statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to law enforcement;
2. Law enforcement principles, practices, methods, techniques and equipment;
3. The roads and routes within the County;
4. Law enforcement and investigative work.
Working skill in:
5. Preparing and maintaining records and reports;
6. Care and use of firearms, motor vehicles and communications equipment;
7. Pursue offenders by patrol vehicle or on foot;
8. Maintain proficiency in operating a variety of law enforcement tools, weapons and vehicles;
9. Act quickly and calmly with proper judgment in emergency situations;
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
11. Follow written and verbal instructions;
12. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
13. Respond to call out 24 hours a day as needed;
14. Operate a motor vehicle requiring a standard driver’s license.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
15. Reasonably good physical condition;
16. Eyesight at least 20/200 correctable to 20/20;
17. Able to distinguish colors;
18. Must have no illegal drug history for a minimum of three (3) years.
19. Complete physical by Arizona POST Physician;
20. Polygraph test;
21. Oral examination;
22. Written examination;
23. AZ Driver’s License with reasonably good records;
24. County Resident upon successful completion of hiring process;
25. At least 20 years and 9 months of age;
26. POST Certified or ability to graduate POST Academy.