In November of 2006 the citizens of Arizona made their voices heard by passing Proposition 201, The Smoke-Free Arizona Act. Apache County citizens passed Prop 201 by 60%. This landmark statute prohibits smoking in most indoor public places including (but not limited to):
- Restaurants, bars, gaming facilities such as bingo halls, billiard or pool halls, bowling centers, public buildings, grocery stores or any food service establishment.
- Lobbies, elevators, restrooms, reception areas, hallways and any other common-use areas in public and private buildings, condominiums and other multiple-unit residential facilities.
- Indoor sports arenas, gymnasiums and auditoriums
- Health care facilities, hospitals, health care clinics, doctor’s offices and child day care facilities
- Common areas in hotels and motels, and no less than 50% of hotel or motel sleeping quarters rented to quests
- Any place of employment not exempted
You may order free signs and get more information by clicking on the State Link on this page or by calling (928) 333-3438.