NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRCT
December 4, 2012
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Pledge of Allegiance.
Call to the Public.
1. A/D County Manager: Request approval of the Board of Supervisors meeting schedule for 2013.
2. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a resolution in support of legislative priorities for 2013.
3. A/D Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Request approval to enter into an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of St. Johns to administer their CDBG application and manage projects for the 2013 CDBG funding cycle.
4. A/D County Attorney's Office: Request authorization to hire Annell Hounshell as the Community Resources Liaison at 2.5% above the minimum salary to account for her many years of service to the County, effective December 17, 2012.
5. A/D CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a Single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Approval of minutes dated November 20, 2012.
*B. Request approval of demands. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. District III: Request approval to purchase food for two (2) senior centers located in District III, not to exceed $400 total.
*D. Probation Services: Request authorization to remove Toni Odom from probationary status effective October 23, 2012 and remove Trenton DeShazor, from probationary status, effective November 27, 2012, both with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*E. Clerk of the Court: Request authorization to hire a temporary Courtroom Clerk I for a period of 120 days. This will be funded out of the Clerk's non-general fund accounts, as budgeted.
*F. Round Valley Justice Court: Request authorization remove Tessa Walker from probationary status effective November 1, 2012 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*G. Sheriff's Office; Request authorization to remove Miles Crosby from probationary status, effective November 20, 2012 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*H. Recorder's Office: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment of Sierra Booth through December 27, 2012.
*I. Finance Department: Notification of the retirement of Rosalee Gill and request authorization to payout her accumulated sick leave as outlined in Human Resources Policy Section 3.25.
*J. Request authorization to amend section 1.68 of the Human Resources Policy Manual. The section amends re-hire rules for returning employees.
*K. Request approval to re-appoint Don Borg as a Planning and Zoning Commission member for a four year term.
6. A/D County Attorney's Office: Request authorization to hire an independent contractor to perform all grant requirements and related duties at an hourly rate of $40.00 in an amount not to exceed $40,000 per year.
7. A/D Engineering Department; Request authorization to adjust Board Agenda action on 11/20/12 for District II to purchase a Suburban at a not to exceed cost of $41,930.29. This amount will be reduced after trade in.
8. A/D Probation Services: Request approval of the Juvenile Accountability Block Grant (JABG) which will run January 2013 through December 2013. This grant will provide $15,000 to be used for Juvenile Accountability, Solutions Court & Victims Restitution.
9. A/D Sheriff's Office: Request authorization to enter into a Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement with the USDA Forest Service, Apache Sitgreaves National Forest in the amount of $11,500. This is an ongoing agreement.
10. A/D Notification of the Small Counties Forum on December 12, 2012 at the Radisson Hotel, 427 North 44th Street, in Phoenix at 6:30 pm and the County Supervisors (CSA) Meeting on December 13, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at the CSA Building, 1905 W. Washington Street, in Phoenix, Arizona.
11. A/D Notification of the swearing in ceremony for elected officials to be held on December 17, 2012 at the Board of Supervisors hearing room, 75 W. Cleveland Street in St. Johns, Arizona at 10:00 a.m. and the swearing in ceremony for elected officials on December 19, 2012 at the Ft. Defiance Chapter House, located at the junction of Navajo Route 112 & Route 10 in Ft. Defiance, Arizona at 10:00 a.m.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD
OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
December 4, 2012
1. A/D Request authorization for funding approval in the amount of $30,000 for maintenance of flood warning gauges.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board
For Additional Agenda Information Please Click Here!