NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
March 6, 2012
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Pledge of Allegiance.
Call to the Public.
1. A/D County Manager: Request authorization to reappoint three members to the Apache County Industrial Development Authority:
||term to expire March 5, 2018|
||term to expire March 5, 2016|
||term to expire March 5, 2014|
2. A/D County Manager: Request approval of the adoption of a resolution approving the proceedings of the Industrial Development Authority of the County of Apache for the issuance of not to exceed $177,000,000, the Industrial Development Authority of the County of Apache Pollution Control Revenue Bonds, 2012 Series A (Tucson Electric Power Company Project).
3. A/D Community Development: Public Hearing for consideration and possible approval of the County Zoning Ordinance changing the definition of Gross Floor area to ''The sum of the horizontal areas of floors of a building measured from the exterior face of exterior walls, or, if appropriate, from the center line of dividing walls; this excludes basements, unfinished attics, private attached garages, breezeways, courts, desks, or porches; regardless of whether these excluded areas are enclosed or unenclosed, or covered by a roof or not covered by a roof,''
4. CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager, or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated February 21, 2012.
*B. Request approval of the demands.
*C. District I: Request approval to purchase food items for the Teec Nos Pos Senior Citizen Center from Bashas not to exceed $600.00.
*D. District II: Request authorization to hire a temporary Administrative Coordinator and a Community Resource Liaison not to exceed 120 days.
*E. Community Development: Request authorization to remove Nephi Hightower from probationary status effective March 19, 2012 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
5. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a resolution adopting the 2012 Community Development Block Grant.
6. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a resolution adopting a Residential Anti-displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan.
7. A/D County Manager: Request approval of the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of St. Johns and Apache County for the Community Development Block Grant Project to construct new handicap accessible restroom facilities at the Apache County Fairgrounds in St. Johns and a Memorandum of Understanding between the Town of Eagar and Apache County for the Community Development Block Grant Project to construct new handicap accessible restroom facilities at the Rodeo Grounds in Eagar.
8. A/D County Manager: Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License recommendation for the Round Valley Animal Rescue, 600 Lily Lane, Springerville, for a grand opening event held on May 5, 2012.
9. A/D School Superintendent's Office: Request authorization to use donation money from Salt River Project in the amount of $300.00 for the Apache County Superintendent of Schools Teacher and Administrator of the Year awards event of April 6, 2012.
10. A/D Juvenile Probation Department: Request approval of $1,000 in matching funds for an ongoing Family Counseling Grant. The State of Arizona will disburse $4,000 in monies for a total of $5,000.
11. A/D Election Department: Request approval of the official canvass of the Presidential Preference Election held on February 28, 2012.
12. A/D Sheriff's Office: Request authorization to purchase a 2011 Dodge Pick up 2500 from Ken Garff Fleet Services West Valley City Utah, for a police K-9 vehicle utilizing Sheriff's Office/Attorney General RICO funds.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA
APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
March 6, 2012
1. A/D Request authorization to advertise Request for Proposals to install a new roof on the Vernon Public Library.
2. A/D Request authorization to remove Barbara Pearce from probationary status effective February 29, 2012 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted:________ at _______ a.m. p.m. by ____________.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board