NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,
December 16, 2014
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of demands dated December 2, 2014 - December 16, 2014. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
2. District III: Discussion and possible approval to apply for membership to the Coalition of Arizona/New Mexico Counties for stable economic growth. The annual membership dues are $2,600.00.
3. Finance Department: Request authorization to transfer budget contingency money to General Fund budgets that were overrun at the close of fiscal year 2014.
4. County Attorney's Office: Discussion and possible approval of updated settlement agreement between Apache County and Wenima Development to resolve tax court litigation on the classification of property owned by Wenima Development.
5. County Attorney's Office: Request authorization to enter a professional services contract with Karpel for designing updating, maintaining and servicing a new case management system for the Attorney's Office.
6. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding between the Navajo Nation Department of Transportation and Apache County.
7. Community Development Department: Consideration and possible approval to accept the resignation of Tom Tilford from the Planning & Zoning Commission and appoint Dean Wade as Planning & Zoning Commission member for a 4 year term: Appoint Mike Barker as alternate commissioner.
8. Community Development Department: Following a Public Hearing, consideration and possible approval of a Vicinity Plan and Preliminary Plat for Cattle Kates Condominium Subdivision. Property located at 80 Main Street, Greer, Arizona 102-11-001L.
9. Community Development Department: Following a Public Hearing, consideration and possible approval of a Vicinity Plan and Preliminary Plat for Four Seasons Condominium Subdivision. Property located at 28 Main Street, Greer, Arizona 102-14-006.
10. Jason Baran, Salt River Project: Update on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations on coal powered plants.
11. Clerk of the Board: Selection of Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board for 2015.
12. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter, or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by ____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board