NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS,
April 15, 2014
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Brad Traver, Petrified Forest Superintendent: Presentation on opening new lands within the Petrified Forest National Park.
2. Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated March 27, 2014, April 1, 2014 and April 3, 2014.
*B. Request approval of demands dated April 1, 2014 to April 15, 2014. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License for the Alpine Business Association for the Alpine Country Blues Festival, located at 42665 Highway 180 in Alpine, Arizona on June 20 & 21, 2014.
School Superintendent's Office:
*D. Request authorization to use donation money from Navajo Tribal Utility Authority in the amount of $125.00 for the Annual Teacher of the Year event.
3. Sheriff's Office: Discussion and possible approval to enter into a Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement with the USDA/Forest Service Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest in the Amount of $10,120.00 with no matching funds required. This is an ongoing grant.
4. Sheriff's Office; Discussion and possible approval to enter into an Agreement for Services with LeadsOnline, an online reporting and criminal investigation system for receiving data for use by law enforcement. The cost is $2,238 and will be paid using RICO funds.
5. Finance Department: Discussion and possible approval of the amendments to the Finance Department's Purchasing Policy regarding professional services such as engineering & surveying services, software consultants, architects, etc.
6. County Attorney's Office: Discussion and possible approval to convert a vacant Attorney I position to an Attorney II position and hire James Parker at a salary of $73,834.
7. County Manager: Notification of the Governor's Proclamation designating April as County Government Month.
8. County Manager: Presentation regarding legislative updates on the HURF and PILT funds.
9. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of the renewal of the Agreement between Apache County and Veritas Research Consulting to serve as the Apache County Natural Resource Coordinator.
10. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of an agreement with Veritas Research Consulting to prepare a ''Gap'' analysis for the Apache County Natural Resources Plan at a not to exceed cost of $9,000 provided through a grant to the Eastern Arizona Counties Association.
11. County Manager: Update on the surplus items offered at public auction.
12. Notification of the Small Counties Forum meeting on April 16, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. at the County Supervisors Association Building (CSA), 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix, and the County Supervisors Association meeting on April 17, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. at the County Supervisors Association building, 1905 W. Washington Street in Phoenix. Also notification of the Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG) meeting on April 24, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at the High Country Conference Center, 201 West Butler Avenue, in Flagstaff, Arizona, where two or more members of the Apache County Board of Supervisors may be in attendance.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by ____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board