NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DISTRICT
April 1, 2014
Ganado Road Yard Conference Room
Highway 264 mile marker 446.8
8:30 a.m. MST/9:30 a.m. MDST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
April 1, 2014
1. Discussion and possible approval to increase the work hours for April Blair, Program Coordinator I from 40 hours per pay period to 48 hours per pay period, effective April 6, 2014. This increase will be paid using budgeted funding.
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
April 1, 2014
1. District III Supervisor Barry Weller: Discussion and possible action regarding the return of the call to the public to the beginning of the agenda of Board of Supervisor's meetings.
2. District III Supervisor Barry Weller: Discussion and possible action regarding the process of changing the location or time of Board Meetings that have already been approved at the beginning of each calendar year.
3. Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member or the County Manager objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated March 18, 2014.
*B. Request approval of demands dated March 18, 2014 to April 1, 2014. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. Request approval of a Special Event Liquor License for Corporal Joe McCarthy American Legion Auxiliary for a Memorial Day parade and luncheon on May 26, 2014 at the Concho Lions Club Park in Concho, Arizona.
*D. Request approval of a letter to the Arizona Liquor Board opposing the renewal of liquor licenses for Red Barn, Lee's Liquor and High Country located in the Sanders and Chamber, Arizona areas.
*E. Request approval of a Conditional Use Permit to allow Verizon to construct a 155' communications tower. Property is located near Concho on parcel 204-41-001, section 25, township 14N Range 26E. The Planning and Zoning Commission voted unanimously to approve.
*F. Request approval to re-appoint Tom Tilford and Patsy Plant as Planning and Zoning Commission members for another 4 year term.
4. Engineering Department: Discussion possible approval to purchase a new 2013 140M2 motor grader from Empire Machinery, with trade in of the140H motor grader using the National Intergovernmental Purchasing Alliance's contract with City of Tucson. Purchase amount is $303,552 and trade in amount is $51,000, for a total of $252,552. Funding will come from District II carryover and District II HURF.
5. Engineering Department: Discussion and possible approval to enter into a utilities right of way Easement Agreement with the Navajo Tribal Utility Authority to place a new power pole and equipment at the Sanders Interchange located north of I-40 Interstate.
6. Sheriff's Office: Discussion and possible acceptance of a change of capital outlay for the Governor's Office of Highway Safety Grant #2014-PT-087. Due to receiving a lower price on the vehicles listed on the previous grants, the Sheriff's Office will be able to utilize the remaining funds to purchase more equipment. The total grant funding amount remains the same, this is simply a capital outlay change. The cost to the County for an additional vehicle and equipment will be $7,122.
7. Malena Bazurto, Grant Manager: Discussion and possible approval and adoption of the Fair Housing Proclamation and Resolution as required by Department of Housing for CDBG projects affirmatively furthering fair housing activity.
8. IT Department: Discussion and possible approval of an addendum to the Tyler Contract that results in a onetime installation savings of $6,160 which can be applied to other Tyler services and an annual maintenance savings of $2,436. This is due to the Treasurer wanting Visions IVEE interface instead of eCommerce.
9. Finance: Presentation regarding revenues and expenditures related to the budget.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by ____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board