NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
THE APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES DISTRICT
December 17, 2013
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
December 17, 2013
1. Discussion and possible approval to enter into an Agreement with the Round Valley Senior Center for transportation of Well Woman Health Check clients to and from the health clinic.
2. Discussion and possible approval of Modification #2 and extension of the Arizona Nutrition Network sub-contract with the University of Arizona.
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF
THE APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
December 17, 2013
1. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
2. Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated December 3, 2013.
*B. Request approval of demands dated December 3, 2013 to December 17, 2013. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. District II: Request authorization to purchase turkeys/hams for District II Senior Citizens Centers at a not to exceed cost of $2,000 total.
*D. Probation Services: Request authorization to remove Tammi Jo Anders from probationary status effective October 23, 2013 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*E. District II: Request authorization to remove Lewis Shirley from probationary status effective October 15, 2013 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*F. Request approval of a Final Plat for Greer Lodge Condominium. The Property is located in Greer, Arizona, Apache County Road 1120, parcel #102-11-026C.
*G. Pursuant to Human Resources Policy 5.16 and ARS 38-528.03 it is hereby requested approval of assigned vehicles be reviewed and approved.
Human Resources Department:
*H. Notification to the Board of Supervisors of the increase by the State of Arizona of the minimum wage for 2014. The new wage will increase by .10 cents per hour to a total of $7.90 per hour. Currently there are no employees at an hourly level less than the new minimum wage and therefore there is not a necessity for wage adjustments for any employees.
3. Presentation by Bruce Greco with the Arizona Prescribed Fire Council.
4. Recorder's Office: Notification of the intention to move the Election Department under the Recorder's Office. This administrative merge is to enable the office to address recent changes to election laws and the bifurcation of the election rules in a more efficient and uniform manner, and to maximize services within the budgetary constraints.
5. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval of the 2014 Board of Supervisors' Chairman of the Board and Vice Chairman of the Board.
6. Sheriff's Office: Discussion and possible approval of a Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement between the Arizona Public Safety Procurement Program and the Arizona State Plan of Operation. This Agreement allows law enforcement to utilize excess Department of Defense property under the Federal 1033 Program.
7. County Attorney's Office: Notification that the Apache County Anti-Racketeering and Corrupt Organization Fund established pursuant to A.R.S. 13-2301 et, seq., will be transferred from the Apache County Treasurer's Office to National Bank of Arizona, along with related funds.
8. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Discussion and possible approval of an Agreement between the National Forest Service and Apache County to complete hazardous fuels treatment on the Benny Creek project in Greer, Arizona. Project costs are not to exceed $12,000.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by ____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board