NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, AND
THE APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
October 1, 2013
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor
75 West Cleveland Street
St. Johns, Arizona
8:30 a.m. MST
Invocation by Invitation.
Pledge of Allegiance.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE
APACHE COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
October 1, 2013
1. Discussion and possible approval to remove Danielle Moore from probation with a 2.5% end of probation increase, effective September 25, 2013.
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING AND AGENDA OF THE APACHE
COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
October 1, 2013
1. Call to the Public: Individuals may address the Board on any relevant issue for an amount of time determined by the Chairman. At the close of the call to the public, Board members may not respond to any comments but may respond to criticism, ask staff to review a matter or ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda.
2. Malena Bazurto, Grants Manager: Public hearing regarding the use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) State Special Projects funding.
3. Discussion and possible approval of CONSENT ITEMS: All items indicated by an asterisk (*) will be handled by a single vote as part of the consent agenda, unless a Board Member, County Manager or member of the public objects at the time the agenda item is called.
County Manager/Clerk of the Board:
*A. Request approval of minutes dated September 17, 2013.
*B. Request approval of demands dated September 17, 2013 to October 1, 2013. Demands are payments made by the County. Specific details of the demands may be requested through the County public record request process.
*C. District III: Request authorization to become a member of the American Lands Council and pay $5,000 for annual membership dues, utilizing the Board of Supervisor's General Fund.
*D. Clerk of the Court: Request authorization to remove Ellen Ruth Nielsen and Jewely Lunford from probationary status effective September 10, 2013 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*E. Clerk of the Court: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment for Jennae McQuay for an additional 120 days.
*F. Probation Services: Request authorization to remove B. Angela Orona from probationary status effective September 3, 2013 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*G. District I: Request authorization to remove Cody Begay from probationary status effective October 1. 2013 with the 2.5% end of probation increase.
*H. Information Technology: Request authorization to pay the accumulated sick leave balance for Lyle Lefevre as outlined in Human Resources Policy, Section 3.25.
*I. Recorder's Office: Request authorization to extend the two part time temporary employees; Lucero Mclain, Administrative Assistant I and Mae Clark, Administrative Assistant II for an additional 180 days, utilizing the Recorder's Surcharge Fund.
*J. District II: Request authorization to extend the temporary employment for David Kinlichee, Sr. for an additional 60 days.
4. County Manager: Discussion and possible approval to hire Lyle Lefevre as an Information Technology Consultant at $50.00 per hour, not to exceed 10 hours per week.
5. Chinle Justice of the Peace: Discussion and possible approval for a salary increase of the annual salary of Chief Court Clerk Rolinda Yazzie to $29,480.83 per year. This reflects an increase of $3,267.60, or 12.46% This request is made in light of an increase in additional duties and responsibilities in carrying out the requirements of the Justice Courts filing and reporting of cases filed within the judicial court. The increase further reflects the years of service, experience, and her expertise in meeting the statutory requirements of the Arizona Supreme Court.
6. Chairman White: Discussion and possible approval requiring all promotions or merit increases be deferred to the budget cycle process next year, with the exception of the end of probation increases and the previously Board approved action of up to a 5% increase for in-house position changes.
7. County Attorney: Following a possible executive session for legal advice pursuant to A.R.S.38-431(A)(3), discussion and possible decision to establish a county anti-racketeering revolving fund pursuant to A.R.S. 13-2314.03 meeting statutory mandates and ensuring such funds remain separate and apart from other County funds as mandated by state statute.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Apache County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (928)337-7503, TDD (928)-337-4402 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged. One or more members of the Board of Supervisors may participate telephonically or through video communication.
Posted: _________at _____a.m. p.m. by ____.
Delwin Wengert, Clerk of the Board